Family

Family

Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Year---New Ambitions!


Why are they called 'New Year Resolutions?' Isn't a resolution something that is resolved? Well, since most people don't ever finish their resolutions, why not call them 'Ambitions?'


So this year, my ambitions are:


* Graduate from college

* Get my bmi to 19%

* Read my scriptures at least 4 times a week!

* Stop and play with my kids more

* Learn to like to cook

* Paint my house--do touch up's


I think that about sums it up! This last year I really focused on my body and getting healthier. This year, I want to focus on increasing my spirituality. My husband and I talked about our goals this year and a family goal that we set was to do a service project, as a family, every month. I think this could be a really good thing for us and our kids!


Have you thought about your goals for this next year???

5 comments:

Kristi said...

I like those ambitions Wendy! I love the service project idea for your family, too...we may have to steal that idea for our won family. I am still working on my "resolutions" there is much I need to work on :)

Lisa said...

Okay so you, Kinsey and I all have the same backgrounds!!!! Amy hasn't updated hers yet! Happy New Year, sis!!

Ashlee said...

Great goals! Jes found an organization that houses homeless families in need. They need people to take dinner to them. We have done it 2 times and it has been good. You get to have some time with the kids (so sad, they really loved the attention we gave them) and have dinner with them. It was a good way to involve our kids. If you want the info I will get it to you. =-) Happy New Year!!!

Lena said...

Your haircut is cute! about resolutions...thanks for reminding me that I am a wee behind on life. I just BARELY got our christmas cards sent out. Give me a couple more weeks and then I might try to organize myself enough to focus on some goals (ambitions.) First goal--get organized! Love the service goal...It can be kinda tricky finding good projects that the kids can really feel the love on!

Lena said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.