Family

Family

Saturday, December 27, 2008

UPDATES!! Third Annual Sisters Weekend!


(Lisa, me and Amy eating sushi in Austin)

My two favorite sisters and I (ok, so I only have 2 sister--they're still my favorite ones!) decided we needed to get together and more often, without children or spouses, so we started "Sisters Weekend!" Before I knew it, we were on to our 3rd annual one. Let me tell you about our weekend. First of all, this helps mantain my sanity for a long time. I look forward to sisters weekend for months, literally months, before it happens. I keep reminding myself to hang in there (meaning all the chaos that goes along with life) because I'll get to take a break from it during sisters weekend. Our first ever weekend that we got together we went to San Marcos and stayed in a bed and breakfast. This is where our traditions started. We go out to eat, sometimes dressing up a bit, and we exchange gifts that we've made/bought for each other, and we shop and relax.

Sisters Weekend at a Glance:

First sisters weekend--oldest sister flew down from Utah and we went to a bed and breakfast for a night.


Second sisters weekend--me and older sister flew to Utah, stayed in a cabin 2 nights and a hotel one night, went to Conference at the Conference Center, went to the Salt Lake Temple (my first time there!), shopped, got a massage (that was my favorite!)



Third sisters weekend--oldest sister flew down from Utah, we stayed at my house two nights and a hotel one night, SHOPPED almost the whole time, went to a museum, tried to see the bats fly out from under the Congress bridge!

(this is all our bags from two nights--we got some good sales!)



All I can say is that I'm so glad that my sisters and I have so much fun together! We talk about our kids, husbands, and how we are glad they aren't there (seriously--there's nothing wrong with that!!) We always have such a great time and I always look forward to that wonderful weekend to have a fun time and not have to do anything for anyone else! Love you sisters!!


(this is proof that we went to a museum and didn't shop the WHOLE time! Who's oldest??? Can you guess? Who has 6 kids? Which one is still in her 20's???)

SEE YOU NEXT YEAR!!

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

Such pretty girls you are! Hope I look that good after ONE kid ;)

Lisa said...

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!! I want some of those pictures!