Family

Family

Monday, January 18, 2010

Day trip to Wimberley & Fort fun!



I've really been trying to enjoy every moment with my kids since time is not on my side. They all just keep getting older and wiser (ha!)! I've tried not being so high strung and just go with the flow and enjoy the simple things in life. Miguel had to go to a funeral in Wimberley so I thought it would be fun to make a day trip out of it and go see what the little tourist town is about! After we dropped Miguel off, we went back into town and went to a park. Majority of our time was spent there, where the kids threw sticks in the water! After much coaxing and promising to go to a candy store, we finally left the park!


ethan trying on hippie glasses in a toy/candy store!


We went to a toy/candy store and looked around. The kids wanted everything and so I told them we were going to get ice cream and if they didn't want that, then we could come back and they could get some candy. Let's just say, they were fine with getting ice cream. Since Miguel's funeral was very long, we had to kill more time. We drove down the mainstreet and found a middle school that had a playground. I read in the car (since it was cold and I only had a light sweatshirt on) for awhile while the kids played. After that, I got out and played tag with them for awhile! When everyone was thirsty and Livi was upset and Ethan had splinters in his hand, we decided to call it quits! We waited back at the park for Miguel and enjoyed a game of "Uno" on a blanket at the park! It was a great Saturday!


Eli fake sleeping in the fort!

Then, since the kids didn't have school on Monday, I thought it would be a good idea to build a fort for the kids and let them sleep in it! I remember using every encyclopedia in the house to hold the blankets down for our fort! We built a great fort, got all the kids in it and they had fun. It didn't take long for them to go to sleep, but let's just say, the night was not great!
Ethan in front of the fort!
Livi woke up a couple of times to switch from the couch, to my bed, to finally end up in her bed. Ethan and Eli woke me up at 3am b/c they were trying to fix the fort. At a little after 5am, I had had enough. I stormed into where the tent was to see both boys awake, playing the radio with every night light on, and and an extension added onto the fort.
getting their places ready in the fort
They both had to go to their own beds and warned them not to wake me up early! It started out good, but should have known it couldn't last long! We decided we'll try it again, in a few years!!

1 comment:

Maren and Dustin said...

We like making forts, but I've never slept in one! I can see how that would make for an interesting night!